A cheeky way to sneak veggies into someone’s dinner without them even knowing.
- 2 courgettes (peeled and grated)
- 1 egg
- 30g medium cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 cup of tomato passata
- ½ tsp sugarIdeas For Toppings:
- Goats cheese
- Grilled peppers
- Cherry tomatoes
- Roasted garlic
- Balsamic glaze
- Chilli flakes
- Basil oil
The How To:
- Preheat your oven to 220°
- Peel and grate your courgette. Grab a CLEAN tea-towel and place the courgette into the tea-towel. Head to your sink and start squeezing. Now, when I say squeeze I mean squeeze until you think ALL the liquid is gone and then squeeze at least another 27 times. If your pizza falls apart at the end it means you didn’t squeeze hard enough. DON’T SAY I DIDN’T WARN YOU!
- Pop your courgette in a bowl and add all the other pizza ingredients. Mix it well.
- Grab a pizza tray or oven proof dish big enough for the pizza base. Line it with grease proof paper. Pour a tiny bit of olive oil in a bowl and with some kitchen roll spread a THIN layer over the area where you’ll be placing your pizza. I mean LITERALLY one dab of oil. Spread your courgette mixture evenly across the oiled area in whatever shape you desire. Ideal thickness would be 3mm-4mm.
- Put your base in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- To make your pizza sauce add all ingredients to a sauce pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and stir constantly for about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- When the pizza base is crispy remove from the oven and add an even layer of pizza sauce starting from the middle working your way out. Add desired toppings. Try not to overload your pizza, less is definitely more in this case. Return to oven until your pizza is looking your kind of sexy then devour instantly.