I don’t think you’re ready for this!
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion (finely chopped)
- 2½cm piece of fresh root ginger (peeled and grated)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced, saving half for garlic bread)
- 1 red chilli (de-seeded and finely chopped)
- Some sprigs of thyme (finely chopped)
- 2x400g tin plum tomatoes
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander (I’d run out when I took this picture)
- 3 large eggs
- flat-leaf parsley (roughly chopped)
- 1 tbsp dried parsely
- Salt and pepper
- 2 slices of bread
- Salad to serve
The How To:
1. Heat oil in a large pan that has a tight fitting lid. Sauté your onions on a medium to high heat until soft and slightly see through. Then add the ginger, half the garlic, thyme and chilli and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
2. Pop your tomatoes in the pan and cook for 20-25 minutes until the tomatoes begin to break and the oil begins to rise. Season and add the coriander.
3. Crack the eggs into the pan. Cover them and cook for 5 minutes, or until the eggs are softly poached. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve in a bowl with garlic toast.
For the toast:
- Toast your bread
- Butter you bread
- Spread rest of garlic on your bread
- Sprinkle bread with dried parsley