Feel the flavour explode!
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1 sweet potato (peeled and chopped into small cubes)
- 1 courgette (peeled and choped)
- 1 red or yellow pepper (chopped)
- 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- 3 handfuls of baby leaf spinach
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp of curry paste (I used madras because I like it hot. Make sure you use PASTE and not sauce!)
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 500g of easy cook brown rice
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- Juice of half a lemon + 1 tsp of zest
- A chubby handful coriander (roughly chopped)
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
The how to:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 190°C
2. In a large pan on a medium heat cook the oil and onion. Just before the onion starts to brown add your sweet tatty, tomatoes, pepper, courgette, peas, spinach and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Pop in your seasoning, paprika, turmeric, curry paste and chilli flakes until the vegetables are fully coated.
3. Add the rice and stir through
4. Pour the stock over the rice and vegetables.
7. Remove from the oven and squeeze over the lemon juice and zest and stir through.
8. To finish sprinkle with coriander and pumpkin seeds to serve.
- Too spicy? Stir in half a can of coconut milk.
- Rice too chewy? Add a cup of water, stir through and cook for an extra 10 mins.