These onions should be illegal they’re so damn good!
- 1 vegan ciabatta style roll
- 3 slices of vegan cheese
- 2 tsp of vegan butter (plus a little extra to spread on the outside of the bread)
- 2 tbsp of balsamic glaze
- 1 red onion
- Mixed salad leaves to serve
The how to:
- Peel and slice your onions.
- Switch on your toastie machine
- While it’s heating up add your butter to a frying pan. Allow to melt on a medium to high heat.
- Pop your onions in the pan and cook until slightly soft.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and stir until the onions are evenly coated. It is important that you keep stirring and do not leave the onions else they’ll burn. After 2-3 minutes remove from heat and set aside.
- Butter both outer sides of your ciabatta and fill with cheese.
- Spoon the onions into the roll with the balsamic butter syrup (that’s the best bit).
- Pop it in your toastie machine and keep it under until the bread is golden brown and smelling delicious!
- Serve with mixed leaves and eat right away.