Tis the perfect winter warmer.
- 1½ – 2 butternut squashes
- 1L vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (grated)
- 2 tsp garlic (minced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 tsp dried chilli (plus a little extra to serve)
- A sprinkling of paprika
The how to:
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C
- Stab your butternut all over with a large knife and put in the oven for about an hour or until inside is cooked through.
- In large saucepan heat your oil on a medium high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until onions are soft and slightly browned.
- Add ginger, chilli and seasoning and stir through.
- Scoop out the butternut flesh and add to pan with the stock. Reduce heat to low medium and allow to simmer for 35 mins stirring occasionally.
- Whazz up your mixture till super smooth. Too thick? Add a bit more stock.
Use a blending wand. If you don’t have one wait until your mixture is cooled before you blend. The heat will crack the plastic jug if you whazz it right away.