Here’s to the dreamers and the go getters. Here’s to the souls that didn’t listen when they were told they’d never achieve. When I grow up I want to be just like you.
Now I like to think I have a pretty damn good outlook on life. I am generally a super happy, charismatic individual BUT It’s hard being positive ALL the time! In fact believe it or not I actually think it’s impossible. Bottom line is my darlings that if we didn’t know what bullshit tasted like we wouldn’t ever appreciate the wonderful things life throws at us. That being said it’s always nice when you’re down to have a little nudge in the right direction.
Which brings me on the point of this post. Positive projection and manifestations. They work. They only don’t ever work if people approach them with a negative outlook. It’s not fairy magic sprinkled by a thousand pixies on the 7th blue moon Sunday or anything (goodness I wish it was!!) It’s just…life. Enter into it with positivity, be more than ordinary and eventually greatness will follow.
It all starts from within. What do you want? Why do you want it?
“I want lots of money so I can buy lots of things”
‘I want to find a well paid job that appreciates my hard work so I can live the life I deserve’
Example 2 is one of my many manifestations. Let me clarify the life I deserve is not a life of cash splashing. It’s a life where I can move out and afford to live by myself, be able to earn my Drama Therapy masters and youth worker qualifications as well as set up my own alternative learning programme for young people. A life where I can live a healthy, active lifestyle and am earning enough to purchase BooTea, Aloe Vera products and spirulina as and when I wish.
My list is endless. It won’t happen over night but I know someone somewhere will find me and offer me my dream job. Working with young people. Together we will start a war against all the negativity in this world….a war fought with bubbles and daisies obviously. GUNS ARE BAD!
If you, like me, want to project some positivity into your world then here’s how you do it.
– Gather pictures. Words, phrases, kittens, tennis, bikes, books, gimp suits. It’s your brain you know what you like/want/inspire you (magazines, tumblr, google, pinterest, old books, postcards, instruction manuals, maps are some suggestions of where to start)
– Collect these over a period of time. Don’t just use images for the sake of them being pretty. It has to be something you want or already have and appreciate you feel me?
– Purchase a surface for your vision board. I used a lilac piece of A2 card. You could use canvas, foam board…what ever tickles your pickle really. I advise against regular paper as it’s flimsy and crap.
– Buy some sticky stuff. I used spray adhesive because it’s the easiest and least time consuming. You can use pritstick or double sided sticky tape to I suppose. I wouldn’t use blue tack because it’s not a reliable sticky thing.
– Find a place that is not windy (I made this error)
– Tack your card/canvas/foam board to a wall. I used duct-tape (soz mum, BUT IT LEFT NO MARKS!!) You could just pop it on the floor but I have the joints of a 90 year old and the ache of continuously bending would have upset me.
(Easily THE MOST important step)
– Arm yourself with fabulous snacks, copious cups of tea, play some damn good tunes and just allow yourself to get into the flow of it.
blah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blah
I dove straight in without pre-planning. If the pic felt right I stuck it there. Simples.
Have a gander for yourselves
I’ve tacked this little wonder of positivity on the sloping roof above my bed so that every night I fall asleep focusing what I want and wake up each morning recognising all the beautiful and wonderful parts of my world.
It won’t all be be peachy my love life never is but I promise it won’t always be shit. When it all goes a bit tits up just yell ‘PLOT TWIST’ and shimmy off in a different direction. Well actually, maybe don’t do that as it may get you committed and I don’t won’t to be responsible for the demise of your mental health.
Just be the best you and that’s enough.