Are you ready for heaven in a bowl?
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 2 medium onions (thinly sliced)
- 1- 1 and 1/2 tsp of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 3 tbsp reserved liquid from can of chickpeas
- 3 tbsp of tahini
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
The how to:
- Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Chuck in your onions and make sure to stir every 3-4 mins, until softened (15-20mins)
- Add balsamic vinegar and sugar to the pan and keep stirring. Once they are super sexy looking remove from pan.
- Save a small amount of onions to top the hummus later if you fancy it. Add the rest to the food processor.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas saving 3 tbsp of the liquid and add to food processor with tahini, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Wizz until smooth. Adjust any ingredient amounts to your liking.
- Serve hummus topped with reserved caramelised onions.
Allow to cool before storing in the fridge.